Monday, January 31, 2011

Rhymes: Macklemore - "Wings" / Donation for Music Video



So I posted the live version of this song about a year ago (it was called "Nikes" back then), and have since been eagerly awaiting the studio version of the song. It wasnt an easy wait. Reading twitter posts and facebook updates about the track made me extremely eager to hear the final product of the song. Finally it came out last week, and to my surprise vastly exceeded my expectations (usually when I fall in love with a live version of a song before I hear a studio version, I end up preferring the original live version of the song, ie: Nas & Damian Marley's "Africa Must Wake Up").

The children's choir straight gives me chills, and Macklemore delivers his rhymes in that same passionate-conversational tone that has made him one of my favorite up and coming emcees as the live performance. And Ryan Lewis does a brilliant job of not overpowering Macklemore's verses with a lush instrumental, rather a sparse backdrop to compliment the originally a capella piece, that beautifully builds to the aforementioned chorus sung by a children's choir.

But anyway the reason I'm ranting on about this brilliant track is that Mack and Ryan are trying to film a video and they are asking for our support. I only have $27 in my bank account (it's hard out here for a pimp), but i still managed to send $5 of it to support great music, and I encourage all of my BRL Loyalists to do the same.

Watch the video below for more details, or just to see them speak and give some interesting commentary on the track itself.







Link

No comments:

Post a Comment