Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rhymes: Band of Horses/Cee-Lo 7"

Back in the summer Cee-Lo did a cover of Band of Horses "No One's Gonna Love You" which will appear on his album The Lady Killer, which is in stores now. Here's the song's awesome video:



Now Band of Horses has decided to return the favor by covering one of my favorite Cee-Lo songs (which unfortunately will not appear on his album). They did an excellent job of putting their own twist on the track, and keeping the soul vibe of of the original. Here's a live performance:



Here's what the band had to say about the project:

Ben Bridwell of Band of Horses recalls the genesis of the "Georgia" single: "This began as a very random idea I had on my dad's patio after we watched our beloved Georgia Bulldog football team get robbed of a win at the hands of the referees and LSU last year. I knew I wanted to pay homage to my favorite team in song but didn't have any idea how to begin. Once I heard Cee Lo's 'Georgia,' I was immediately smitten and figured that's as good as any tribute to any state I've ever heard. It wasn't until I heard his cover of our song though that it occurred to me: Duh, we should return the favor. Incorporating the Redcoat marching band was just the icing on the cake! This song is so nostalgic to me as my parents grew up in Atlanta and have so many family members in the great state of Georgia. It's always been a second home of sorts. We've played some great shows there as well, including our run of annual New Year's Eve shows in Atlanta from 2007-2009."

You can download the single for 99 cents or you can buy the 7" with both songs on it for $5.99 at http://www.bandofhorses.com/us/Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment