Monday, August 10, 2009

Rhymes: #8 Greatest Album of All Time: Radiohead "In Rainbows"

This album was released out of nowhere on October 10, 2007 digitally. Thom and the boys didn't inform the public that they had finished their first album in 4 years until a week before its release. And after that the internet went NUTS. Everywhere I looked I saw nothing but Radiohead this and Radiohead that. Up until that all I knew about Radiohead was that Kanye,Lupe,&Pharell rapped over a song by the lead singer of the band and they did a cameo on South Park.

But on October 12 (My birthday), that all changed. Curiousity got the best of me, I donwloaded the album for free, and it was...different. It was so unlike any music I had ever heard, it was short so I listened to it again, then again, then I finally got it. In Rainbows is the most beautiful album I've ever heard. It is a Pablo Picasso painting in form of a ten track album.

After loving In Rainbows, I went out and bought 2 other Radiohead albums that also appear on this list (Ok Computer and Kid A), and Thom and the boys became my favorite band.

Here's footage of my first ever concert...

2 comments:

  1. I would have to say this is my 2nd favorite album of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. michael you like radiohead? why was i unaware of this?

    ReplyDelete