Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rhymes: #10 Greatest Album of All Time: Game Theory by The Roots


The Roots
Game Theory
Released: August 29, 2006
Def Jam

Track List:
1. Dilltastic Vol (Won)derful
2. False Media
3. Game Theory
4. Don't Feel Right
5. In The Music
6. Take It There
7. Baby
8. Here I Come
9. Long Time
10. Livin' In a New World
11. Clock With No Hands
12. Atonement
13. Can't Stop This
iTunes Bonus Track: Bread & Butter

I got this album for my 16th birthday. It came with a bonus t-shirt, that I ordered off of Okayplayer.com. The lead single, "Dont Feel Right" leaked in May and I played it throughout the summer. This is easily my favorite album from hip hop's best band. The North Philly crew brings a much darker tone throughout this ablum, with a heavy rock vibe. Also the group's emcee, Black Thought, delivers his most personal rhymes on standout tracks like "Clock With No Hands". The album also touches on many political issues including Hurricane Katrina. The album opens and closes with tributes to the late producer, J Dilla, who died earlier that year, including the phenominal "Can't Stop This" using a beat from J Dilla's Donuts album.

No comments:

Post a Comment